Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Junior Diamond

Hi I have been banned for some reason. Not sure why.

Junior Diamond

assigned steam profile now

Junior Diamond

Got kicked by Lord Teabaggins or Bohica.

Probable cause was team switching. It was unreasonable because we had a comm which was trolling, quote "Im experimenting". Nobody tried to eject him besides me and a spot was open in the other team due to spawn lock.

Some players were pissed and started a vote kick which failed. Then, the power abuse came and I got kicked.

I expect more of the server admins that support Rusty

Junior Diamond

Not sure why but I got banned i think for being AFK for less than 8min in the lobby. I don't remember breaking any rules of the servers. If possible can i get unbanned ?

Junior Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by NovoRei View Post
    Got kicked by Lord Teabaggins or Bohica.

Probable cause was team switching. It was unreasonable because we had a comm which was trolling, quote "Im experimenting". Nobody tried to eject him besides me and a spot was open in the other team due to spawn lock.

Some players were pissed and started a vote kick which failed. Then, the power abuse came and I got kicked.

I expect more of the server admins that support Rusty
    I would only kick you if you're intentionally ruining the game for everyone by clouding the mic and harassing others, or if Rusty informs me of someone I should kick on sight (Which you are not). The worst I'll do is ban you from the CC for 5 days if you're new to being a commander, who has not even tried the tutorial, AND is ejected by the rest of the players. You and I have played a number of times. I don't recall ever having a problem with you.
    "We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -George Orwell

Tried to log on today and I'm banned by Rusty for "racist". I have no idea when I got the ban or what "racist" act I've committed.

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. President TRUMP View Post
    Tried to log on today and I'm banned by Rusty for "racist". I have no idea when I got the ban or what "racist" act I've committed.
    I cannot recall what you said, but I don't ban randomely. I have zero tolerance for racism, harrassment etc. If I banned you for making a racist comment, it was justified. there was a warning sent by me through the logs, but as you were banned, that warning may have been missed, or was ignored. This is why you got the ban.
    However, in saying that, I'd like to give you another shot. You are currently unbanned.
    Please ensure that you are mindful while on the servers as most people play to get away from real life stress.

Thanks.
    ~Rusty

I got banned today from the DiamondGamers.net (West2) server by Cpjet for "having VAC bans" on my Steam account because "once a cheater, always a cheater." I did particularly well and got top score that round on the marines side and he was on the aliens side, so I'm assuming he was upset about the game and accused me of cheating because of it.

I've spent hundreds of hours on your servers in NS2 and have never cheated in Natural Selection 2; the bans on my steam profile are almost 1000 days old and are not from NS2... let me add that no one but him even accused me of cheating, and I did absolutely nothing that could lead a good player to accuse me of cheating.

steamID
    STEAM_0:0:51579357
    steamID3
    [U:1:103158714]
    steamID64

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER MALE VITALITY View Post
    I got banned today from the DiamondGamers.net (West2) server by Cpjet for "having VAC bans" on my Steam account because "once a cheater, always a cheater." I did particularly well and got top score that round on the marines side and he was on the aliens side, so I'm assuming he was upset about the game and accused me of cheating because of it.

I've spent hundreds of hours on your servers in NS2 and have never cheated in Natural Selection 2; the bans on my steam profile are almost 1000 days old and are not from NS2... let me add that no one but him even accused me of cheating, and I did absolutely nothing that could lead a good player to accuse me of cheating.

steamID
    STEAM_0:0:51579357
    steamID3
    [U:1:103158714]
    steamID64
    First of all thank you for posting in the forums!. I would like to clarify that I did not ban you I only kicked you. I kicked you after several of the other players were complaining about you shooting them around corners and through walls, etc., also I commented about how I was surprised how you hadn't been banned yet because I had seen other admins kick you before on suspicions of hacking. Before I spoke to you and consequently kicked you I spectated you and watched you play for several minutes, I also checked out your Steam profile and saw you have multiple VAC bans for hacking and cheating. DMD has the pleasure of having some of the NS2 communities best players in the world play on our servers so it is not uncommon to see someone go 40 kills and 7 deaths. What is uncommon however is when you spectate someone first person and they are watching other players through walls and their aiming movements are extremely jerky with no precision tactics like you would see with the top players who frequent the DMD servers. I try my best to give players the benefit of the doubt which is why when player get shot through walls after the round is up myself and another player test the issue at hand and if it is replicatable we report it to the proper people. If you are willing to put away the cheating tools I have no issues with you as I am sure the other users wouldn't either. I always enjoy playing with good players!

-Cpjet
    NS2 Server Admin

Junior Diamond

Hi, i was playing earlier today and was banned. reason given was esp. I was only 7 kills and 7 deaths when i was banned.
    i would like to appeal this ban, the only evidence i can think to provide in my favor is to try show my gamer history.
    I am 31 years old, have had only 1 steam account for my hole life, its over 10 years old. https://steamdb.info/calculator/7656...7378653/?cc=us < link to steam account stats.
    I have never been banned from server before, let alone a game.

other than that i guess you can see from my hours in fps games that if i was cheating i would imagine that i would do better than a 1:1 kd ratio.

out of my 7 kills the only 1 i can think of that would have looked suss is when i pre aimed a skulk on the roof above me who was stilling on a light and casting a shadow on the wall across the hall.
    other than that i look at people through walls when they are in observatory range, or have been marked by a skulk.
    idk what else to say.

Your server is the one that provides me the best ping and would be pretty upset to get my first server ban in my life. I feel that i have been unfairly banned.

i tried to rejoin the server after a bit and it let me join. But i left on my own accord out of respect for the process. I wish for my name to be cleared.
    please let me know if there is any other way i can provide evidence to prove my innocence?
    Cheers and merry xmas.