Junior Diamond

Hello from CMTalleyrand

Hi,

My name is CMTalleyrand but I usually just go by "CMT". I'm new to DMD but have played many hours on DMD's NS2 server. I really enjoy the level of players and everyone is pretty nice so I keep coming back. I usually play NS2 several days per week and I've pretty much given up playing all other FPS. I'm still learning to play the Lerk and Fade effectively and would really appreciate your advice on any aspect of the game.

Looking forward to playing with you. =)
    CMT

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

Welcome to the community!
    Playing Lerk would be something H3adak3 would advise you on as he's super good at it.
    I'm an excellent fade. And being a good fade requires you to not be greedy, but also to be super aware of what's going place on every area of the map.
    If you want something to practice. As a fade - go in - hit your target once. ( You can set NS2+ to give you an audible hint when you hit your target ) Once you hit your target, if you have taken any damage at all, go heal, then go back and finish them off. Doing this will greatly increase your KDR and also make it easier for skulks to come in and finish them off - freeing you up for the next objective.

See you on the server!

Tournament Captain diamondgamers.net h3adak3's Avatar

hi there! nice to meet you!
    First listen, then understand, then seek to be understood.

Junior Diamond

Thanks for the tip. How do you setup your key bindings when playing Fade?

Junior Diamond

Hi h3adak3

What is the key to playing the Lerk well? I seem to take way too much damage as I'm moving in to attack and end up dying as I'm retreating.

Thanks,
    CMT

Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I'm an excellent fade.
    Loving the modesty rusty

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Loving the modesty rusty
    Thank you.

I'll help you with your fade CMT. Just ping me on steam and let me know when your free.
    Also make sure your VIP is active. ( lol j/k. ) - I'm around most days.

~Rusty

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net Leprachaun's Avatar

CMT if you need help with Lerk I can help you out in that department. Unfortunately H3adak3 just left for Navy bootcamp so I doubt he will be able to help you. I can tell you right off the bat a few tips though.

As a lerk you need to realize that your main attribute is speed you aren't built to take a bullet like the fade or the onos, so as soon as you run out of armor it is always a good idea to back out of the fight rather than loosing your lerk over a kill. Another aspect to keep in mind is dodging as a lerk. Most players simply charge head first in to combat as a lerk when you really want to be attempting to hit them from the rear, and if that can't be done a trick that I always found helpful is to simply initiate the craziest air maneuver you can do possible by simply flinging your mouse around the mouse pad. While that sounds ridiculous most people will only be able to hit you once or twice with the rifle leaving them open for bites. One last thing.. stay away from shotties. If a marine has a shotgun just hold back and needle him so his armor goes down, and then just wait for a skulk to go in so you can get some real damage with a bite or two.

-Leprachaun