Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net Vengaboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clintdiezel View Post
    If I'm in DMD I only play marines now
    This is almost where I'm at with it.
    "fat beezy"

Junior Diamond diamondgamers.net Pikum's Avatar

I love the mod.. vanilla orange is hard to look at

Junior Diamond

The vanilla alien vision hinders people with colorblindness.

http://www.color-blindness.com/2006/...-for-children/

In that picture, I cannot see a single thing. Same goes with the Alien Vision

http://i.imgur.com/g2DU8m5.jpg

In this picture, I can make out the 2 marines in the picture barely. And before someone brings it up, yes I know there's 3 marines there and an additional skulk. However, by that time, I'm dead.

http://i.imgur.com/uma7PYZ.jpg

In this picture... Don't even ask me what is going on other then having 20 res, a hive, and waiting for a commander. I couldn't tell you the area, what map this is, or anything. And I'm positive after 200+ hours in the game, I could at least tell you.

http://i.imgur.com/bh2NHxd.jpg

With the building change, I can make out units and buildings better. But, I am unable to judge distance still with this. Luckily I can see some of the different hues, but by the time I would make something out here, I would be dead.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...8.resizedimage

Uke's on the otherhand, helps with "Color Depth". People bring up Heat Vision. That sorta tells you, yes and no what it is. From close distance, the area palette is green, the further you go, the more the palette turns blue. The closer something is in the vision, the brighter. The further, the darker.

From that perspective, I can see the hole. I can see the window. I can see the different levels of ground. I can judge distance without being at a disadvantage Because, the same issues arise when the power goes out. People will go, well the red lights are on. And it's Red and Orange hues that people have with this colorblindness.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...election-2.jpg

The game looks beautiful, and it's pretty. I can see clearly in this picture just fine.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7978/redll.png

Now this picture is with power down. Wanna guess how much trouble I'm having to see right now? Because this is what it looks like when the power is off for me.

Protanope Color Blindness sucks, have fun and thanks for reading

The vision mod when being used isn't what I have a problem with. But this mod removes the orange outline Marines normally have without using AV. I would like that back otherwise I feel aliens are somewhat broken. Fixing it or removing it altogether, either is fine with me. But keeping what we have now, do not want.
    Last edited by Vengaboy; 04-10-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    "fat beezy"

Can't the server be set up to allow client-side vision mods rather than being forced by the server?

Or will this discussion quickly turn into people using a specific one because it gives them an advantage over the other players...

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

Ns2+

Quote Originally Posted by PacmanKnight View Post
    Can't the server be set up to allow client-side vision mods rather than being forced by the server?
    Unfortunately, allowing this also allows people to exploit things quite easily. aka turning skulks pink etc. I cannot shut off server consistency as it's just asking for trouble. I've seen it far too much already and finally have everything working smoothly.

Now in saying that, you brought up a good point. --> To allow people to choose - either, or.

A few people have brought up the idea of adding in NS2+. I can add this to the server again and let you all test it out.
    Last time I ran it, it was spitting up errors left and right - both client and server side. The errors that were being spit out were rendering errors. Hughes alien vision ( the original ) I believe is where they were relating to. So if that's been fixed, or if we can avoid using that one particular option - we might have a solution. IT would not be a problem on a 12 - 16 man server, but our server has a heavy player base and I don't want people with older video cards to have issues.

Take a look here. This is what the Mod entails.
    ----------------
    NS2+ (previously known as Custom HUD, or CHUD) aims to improve, fix and expand NS2 in order to bring players a better experience. It contains extra customization options and quality of life improvements. This mod needs to be installed on the server.

Features:
    - You can customize your HUD and visuals with a new menu entry with tons of options such as multiple alien visions, hitsounds, etc.
    - Personal stats when you die and at the end of the round.
    - Players and spectators get the marine name in yellow if he's parasited.
    - You can see parasited marines through parasited buildings.
    - Marine commanders can see the marine ammo bar with the color that's used in the overview spectator mode to easily identify the weapon the marine is carrying.
    - Alien commanders can see the Cyst infestation ring for the last cyst in the chain before dropping it.
    - The mod will check for updates for all server mods every 15 minutes and will notify the players if there's been updates. If the server is empty it will cycle the map.
    - If you're in a server with the mod, the server browser will highlight other servers running this mod. If the server requires a map change because of a mod update, the player count will show up in red. This can't be seen with the vanilla server browser.

Currently included fixes:
    - Fixed skulk jump sound loudness (50% reduced - this has been fixed in 265!).
    - Fixed skulk growl sound when walking (Scheduled fix for 265!).
    - Fixed a few rock props with invisible hitboxes (most notoriously in Summit).
    - Fixed inactive/unbuilt structures not blinking red when under attack.
    - Fixed alien structures not blinking red when uncysted.

====================
    Let me know if you want to give it a shot, and also remember to keep commenting on the original topic of this thread.
    Thanks!
    ~Rusty

Yes to NS2+ please
    "fat beezy"

I kinda figured there'd be other exploits like that, but I also figured I'd ask haha... NS2+ sounds nice if it works correctly