View Poll Results: Which the server to Feed the Beast?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 62.50%
  • No

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feed The Beast

V I P diamondgamers.net AnnoyingMachine's Avatar

Exclamation Feed The Beast

When the FTB packs update to 1.6.4, how many people would be interested in switching the server over to a modded survival.

For people who don't know what FTB (Feed The Beast) is, its a mod pack that includes such mods as Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft 2, and Thaumcraft 4. It changes the way minecraft is played and allows players to build power plants to run such and such machine. But to keep such and such machine running, you need fuel, and so on.

There are also mods that add different biomes to the game (ie: Biomes o Plenty, ExtraBiomesXL) which changes the landscape of the game and brings more interesting worldgen and creative houses. Do keep in mind that with new biomes comes new enemies to fight.

Mods bring an interesting experience to Minecraft, and if people don't want to use the mods, they can simply overlook them and to vanilla (meaning not using any of the mods). Do keep in mind however, mod authors try to do their best to keep things balanced and as fair as possible.

Please leave your feedback on what you would like to have the server changed to a 1.6.4 FTB server, or a Vanilla 1.6.4.

Tournament Captain diamondgamers.net h3adak3's Avatar

ftb = noobyness(the game is blocks, and should be kept to blocks, not nuclear reactor blocks), i know i dont play often anymore, but i would if you would just make me
    First listen, then understand, then seek to be understood.

Junior Diamond diamondgamers.net MrBuppo's Avatar

I don't like feed the beast at all, really. Buildcraft/Industrialcraft are cool when you're bad at them, but I'm good enough to essentially beat the game in a day using those two mods. After you beat the game, it's basically creative mode from then on out.
    So, we jigglin' err?

Junior Diamond

I enjoy playing FTB, and would play on it if it was set up.

Junior Diamond

I know the is kinda unrelated but is it possible for the server to be updated to 1.7.2 and have a new 1.7.2 terrain gen map?

Currently it isnt possible due to the mods on the server to prevent griefing arent updated to 1.7. My guess is they wont update the mods soon due to Mojang changing 1/3 of the coding for minecraft. The dev's basicly have to recode everything that mojang changed to be compatible with 1.7.

Also part of the reason I'm suggesting FTB, because it add new world gen and enemies to fight.

Junior Diamond

I would totally play FTB, and yes, it does get a little OP when you're good at it. It continues to be fun if you want to play with all of the mods though. It takes a ton of resources to do EVERYTHING the mods have to offer. I can't say I've ever even gotten close...The FTB server I run now is fun, but only 3 of us are really on there. I get bored with vanilla tbh, it would be a blast to have more people. If you want to see a decently advanced base in FTB, feel free to have a look on my server: 76.110.31.7. It's the direwolf20 1.5 version 2. =)

Just discovered this community, I think I'll come checkout the minecraft side of things.

Poll is up here to see people opinion. Mind the spelling mistake, I cant change it now .

Question is: Would you like to see the server switched to a 1.6.4 Feed the Beast Server?
    Option 1: Yes
    Option 2: No

Junior Diamond

will this be happening? the poll has been up for nearly a month