Thread: Need some help

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

Arrow Need some help

Hi guys,

The forums have been slowing down quite a bit, and I'm wondering if I can get a few volunteers to help boost the activity here. Any help is appreciated. Maybe I need to have someone recruited as "forum manager"?

I'm a big advocate of forums as it strengthens who we are as a community and gives us a chance to organize events together as a community.

We've come a long way, and I'd like us to keep growing stronger. But I need some help with this area.

Thanks in advance.

~Rusty

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net KizerZin's Avatar

No idea how people can help.
    "Suicide is a way of telling God, "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT!"

Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net

Ever the optimist, eh Kizer?

Junior Diamond

add a little T&A here a little there then bam everyone will be cumming over here. HA HA dangly parts.

Junior Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Hi guys,

The forums have been slowing down quite a bit, and I'm wondering if I can get a few volunteers to help boost the activity here. Any help is appreciated. Maybe I need to have someone recruited as "forum manager"?

I'm a big advocate of forums as it strengthens who we are as a community and gives us a chance to organize events together as a community.

We've come a long way, and I'd like us to keep growing stronger. But I need some help with this area.

Thanks in advance.

~Rusty
    A common practice in some of the previous gaming communities I've been privy to are "after-action reviews" (or an AAR, for short.)

At the conclusion of a planned event, members of the community that were present will reply to a specific thread, detailing their opinions and their own personal rundowns of the event. It could be anything that occurred during the event -- details on how well they think they did, how well they feel commanders led them, why they had to go AFK in the middle of it, interesting moments, the list goes on.

Regardless, it allows community organizers a window into the personalities, priorities and attitudes of their member base -- a valuable asset for further event planning and community development.

Tournament Captain diamondgamers.net h3adak3's Avatar

i love that idea, and think it would work wonderfully.
    First listen, then understand, then seek to be understood.