Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Diamond diamondgamers.net

What is your favorite class to play as aliens and why :)?

This is just basically a quick forum post im just kind've curious to see what class people like to play on aliens. And if anyone has tips for specific class that helps to. If anyone has any questions for me i can definitely help you out so you can get better thanks

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net AlphaQup's Avatar

I Gorge all day, everyday. I Gorge when I have 85+ res too. Dunno why, I just LOVE the class. As far as tips go, I have a few.

I always put my hydra's in a row, in the floor, where I can hide behind them and heal them as they shoot my enemy for me. You always want to keep the marines in front of you and in between you and your hydra's. On to gorge balls. 2 gorge ball high wall most of the time, gotta be careful that EVERY class can get through. Nothing worse then walling your Onos off with a bunch of rines behind him and low health. I always try to use the balls to direct marines towards me and my hydra's as well if I choose not to wall them off. Another good idea is to place balls in front of your wall so the rines can come in easily but not get back out (spider webs on the other side of gorge ball walls is also a good way to go, hence the name spider pig), therefore trapping them in a small area with said spider pig and hydra's. On to bile. Bile is awesome and the only alien weapon that pwns multiple structures with one attack. The faster comms get gorges their bile, the faster marines lose phase gates, power nodes, extractors, armories etc.,thus turning the tides of the game very quickly. On to healspray. DO IT OFTEN. You as a Gorge are responsible for keeping your fellow Aliens in the fight. When they run to you, drop what you are doing and heal them so they can return to the fight. On to Gorge Tunnels. First thing I do when a game starts is drop a tunnel. Then I run to the location where our second base will be and drop the exit. Then you place your hydras and build your gorge ball walls. This allows aliens to quickly get to the second hive in case of attack or to spread out and take more of the map more quickly then running it.

I literally know nothing about any other classes so that's that lol.
    Last edited by AlphaQup; 09-26-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    HRRRRMWHAAAAAAANT!

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net KizerZin's Avatar

I got to go with Groge too, I'm a poor shot and no good in a fight... being the Healer and builder gives me something Even I can do to help my team.
    "Suicide is a way of telling God, "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT!"

Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net Vengaboy's Avatar

Well skulk WAS my favorite and always has been since the NS1 days. The ability to climb any surface in a multiplayer fps just seemed revolutionary at the time. Like CS on crack. But ever since they got nerfed I haven't been able to adjust so now I suck at everything. I'll usually stick to skulk until I can go onos or turn gorge if I think the team needs it. If you ever see me as anything else it's because I got bored so don't be afraid to engage me, you'll probably win.
    Last edited by Vengaboy; 09-26-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net

Onos is sick in the new major update, I gotta go with that. It's so fun to play with, its still pretty weak in terms of defense but its attack rate makes it dangerous. It's actually worth saving up for now, like it used to be.

Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net Vengaboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Onos is sick in the new major update, I gotta go with that. It's so fun to play with, its still pretty weak in terms of defense but its attack rate makes it dangerous. It's actually worth saving up for now, like it used to be.
    Agreed. Before the Reinforced update, fade seemed to be the most feared lifeform and that to me is wrong. The most expensive class should always be the most feared. And although an experienced fade can still outplay the average onos, I think it's been fixed. I enjoy playing onos much more now.

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net AlphaQup's Avatar

Indeed, pre-Reinforced Onos sucked and was a waste of res to play as. I think they finally brought that class back to the top of the food chain were it belongs with Reinforced.
    HRRRRMWHAAAAAAANT!

Tournament Captain diamondgamers.net h3adak3's Avatar

On aliens i prefer lerk, i feel like it is a skulk that can fly. Plus it shoots needles and the good ones are impossible to kill! Except now days you can 1 shot them with a shotty
    First listen, then understand, then seek to be understood.

Junior Diamond diamondgamers.net

I usually always play skulk except when we gorge rush. Sometimes I go lerk. Rarely do I go Fade or Onos cause I'm super bad at that.

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

I have a question - can a level 3 cara skulk survive hitting a mine