Junior Diamond

caligrown's intro

Get the hell out of base! Spread out!

What's up guys, I go by caligrown, feel free to add me on Steam. From the Bay Area, CA, student at SF State (web design/coding) & working part time with a construction company (paying off car/bills).

Just picked up NS2 during the summer sale and I love it! Sometimes I'm pretty decent and hold my own, other times I'm shit. Trying to get better as Alien, gotta work on my skulkin and lerkin! I've only been comm once and pissed my team off quite a bit... Not gunna hop in the chair again till I watch some tutorials that's for sure.

I've been having this weird glitch lately (after that last big update I think) where the whole screen flashes with white numbers and letters occasionally like the matrix code on crack and I can barely see anything, have to alt-tab out and back in to get rid of it. Really sucks. Anyone else get this?

DMD servers are awesome!

Awesome Diamond Member diamondgamers.net

Nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing you on the servers! I've never gotten the white numbers and letters, but every so often like for example when I leave a server, the game instantly crashes. It's pretty weird, I've never seen this type of game crash before I only started getting this problem after the update.

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net Wiggly's Avatar

All the cool kids are from CA. Welcome to the Diamond servers/NS2 hopefully the next patch fixes those artifacts you're getting.
    TAP: i don't make any mistakes i am the one who leads the team

Junior Diamond

Nice to meet you guys!

All the cool kids play NS2! lol

Sometimes the game will crash for me as well, hopefully all will be fixed eventually. I'll try and take a screenshot next time I get those artifacts though, very strange.

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net AlphaQup's Avatar

nice to meet ya man. i'm from iowa and still live here for some reason, so not one of the cool kids, but an avid ns2 fan!

i get the crashes on map change/alt-tab/and server exit like most ppl. weirdest glitch i had was similar to yours, artifacts all over the screen and the infestation raised up off the floor and was constantly at eye level, cutting my vision in half lol. think my gfx card was just a bit warm was all, gave it a 20 min break and no problems after that. what have you got for cooling in your comp? i find a lot of artifacts come from lack of cooling, hw failure (or on it's way out) or drivers.
    HRRRRMWHAAAAAAANT!

Junior Diamond

It has been a pretty hot summer and I don't have A/C in my place so it could be a heat issue..

I've got a CM Hyper 212+ for my 3570k which stays nice and cool.

My GPU is a reference eVGA gtx 670 which does get quite warm, 60s-70s, but thats apparently normal for this card. It's all in a Corsair 600T which has plenty of fans and room to breath. It could be the GPU getting warm, I might set a more aggressive fan profile to prevent it, IDK.

Administrator diamondgamers.net Rusty's Avatar

Web designer / Developer - That's a good field - very well populated but if you have the connections, you can do ok.
    Welcome to the Community! Hope to see you on Captain's Night!

Diamond Member diamondgamers.net AlphaQup's Avatar

very nice! exact card im looking at getting. you have a nice case as well, my guess would be that heat is not your issue if you are keeping it at those temps constantly. a spike might do it as well, kinda hard to constantly monitor that stuff.
    HRRRRMWHAAAAAAANT!