PDA

View Full Version : Were you banned?

Rusty
09-05-2013, 10:51 PM
If you were banned, you probably did something to violate the rules. Explain why you got the ban, and how you will avoid it in the future. Or hold your ground and appeal it. Either way it's our choice but we are civilized people.

Chewwy
09-05-2013, 11:21 PM
All hail rusty!

ragnasty
09-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Hey, this is rAGNASTY1L2L262D,

I am not really sure why I was banned. I saw that I was kicked out of the server at like 4 AM Pacifice time. I was a gorge at the time and had a lot of assists. I am not sure if that is what cause the ban. I was told that my ban was because of a rumor that I was hacking by some of the administrative crew on your server. I think the cause of the ban was from a person who my history roots back to NS2 a couple of months ago. His name then was HornyBrunette. I never really had any interaction with the person besides the occasional game on the Crack Miata Server. Besides the occasional game with him, I did not talk to him. It was until the server owner, McKnight, brought to my attention a hacker accusation from the person I knew as HornyBrunette.
This player has had a bumpy history when it comes to accusations of hacking in this game. He has accused around 3-4 users of hacking since then on the NS2Bans.com website. I never had any communications with the person until I was banned from Diamond Gamers. I had no idea that I was an accused hacker until I was kicked and then asked a steam friend, TAP, what happened. He told me that he thought I was banned and evenetually linked me to the Youtube.com link of my alleged hacking video.
This video is an about 20 FPS video of some of my game play. It shows many sloppy plays including an egg camp around XXXX. As you can see the person next to me gets the kill before me. I feel as though if I was a hacker, I would have been able to react much quicker than the person next to me. There are serveral other locations in the video where I show my lack of "Hacker Advantage." I will happily link more results in the 20 FPS video for review. The admin of the server that I was recorded in was one of the many who voted no in the NS2Bans.com vote on whether or not I was hacking at the time of recording. If you log in and look at the NS2ID: 11815155, which was rejected btw, has 12 votes no vs 1 vote (who I assume was the person who reported me the 2nd time.)
Besides this video and my word as a player, I am not sure exactly how I could prove myself as a non-hacker. I will gladly stream or post copies of my NS2 Files for you to review. As a person, I am appalled by the accusation; and even more appalled by the un-referenced acceptance of such a blatantly incorrect lie from a fellow player.
---Attached is a low res low fps video of the gameplay used in the accusation. If you download the actual video from, the ns2bans.com website using my NS2 ID you will find a better quality video. Judge for yourself, I hope I can change your mind. I am open to any suggestions to refute the claim that I am a hacker.

ragnasty
09-17-2013, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XW4-fD6c4&feature=youtu.be is the link. It didn't seem to go through. I encourage you to go to the NS2Bans.com website and make an account to see the vote count on the video this person posted a link of. I hope it will show you how much this person's view on my play style means. I hope you understand that this accusation leaves me a bit perturbed.
--My NS2 ID is 11815155

Rusty
09-17-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm looking at the video - The crosshair locked to the exact same location twice - this part you can see between 3:15 and 3:20 ( as it locks onto the egg in the fore-front - then the dead skulk - to the hive - and back to the skulk. But it looks like that crosshair is landing in the exact same spot after you've already confirmed that it's dead. This part I don't get at all. This movement looks very unnatural.

The Exo firings within the hive at 25:00 also are spot on. It is rare to see this type of movement within an exo. Also an experienced player would not walk into the hive as an exo - not spotcheck, and then hit all targets dead on not missing a beat.

I realize that you say you did miss some shots, however reading various posts where they sell aimbots - it is recommended to turn them off every now and then during gameplay to ensure it's not obvious.

http://youtu.be/H3XW4-fD6c4?t=3m15s

This is what I see out of the video you posted.

Tap
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
I did ask MULTIPLE competitive players and I didn't have 1 player say he found it shady and said you can be twitchy like that with exo, I asked zefram,mikan, and a few others and there reply was that he wasn't cheating in that video.

Rusty
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
According to Server Logs - you were AFK at the time and there were only a couple of people on the server.
There was a message sent. But being you were AFK means you probably missed it.

However, seeing as there is a 50/50 split on the issue, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Also that Video in question was from a 246 build - not recorded on our server.

User : rAGNASTY1L2L262D
NS2 ID : 11815155

Please respect the server rules and enjoy the Diamond community.

http://diamondgamers.net/showthread.php?11-Ns2-rules-(-video-)

~Rusty

zezebox
09-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi, I'm a NA Div 1 Singularity player. I currently admin on the server this video was taken from and have seen this player as a regular very often. The player reporting this video on ns2bans.com posted for wall hacking, there were 0 instances of wall hacking from this player in the video. Before I go on about the aimbotting mention of this video, I feel you should know background of the player responsible for posting and reporting this link. The player has multiple ns2 accounts, originally posted from his account Horny Brunette (a player I've known for quite a while from ns1). I know this cause while on my friends list and still playing on his old account he messaged me constantly to get Rag banned from Crack Miata (the server I admin). I took a look at the video back then and didn't see anything conclusive. It seems this player just has a beef with Rag, although I'm not sure why he is targeting him. Sorry I digress, Horny is now currently using the tag BNLightning or scrillz (scrillz being a name he used in ns1) under a new steam ID of 92448207. His new account has been confirmed by multiple /r/ns2 community for using toggle aimbot and other exploits found here:

http://www.twitch.tv/beemorriscats/b/460622568

Now when looking for aimbotting trends in players you must look at the players actions throughout the game and see his habits as well as monitor their sensitivity. In this video as opposed to the one involving Rag, you see on multiple occasions of toggle with an increase in twitch that is extremely difficult. At 11:10-11:20 you see his natural sensitivity, 15:35 pistol shoots too fast. At 18:10 his sensitivity jumps drastically and follows the fade very consistantly as well as shoots a when the fade is behind a wall. As the fade is leaving his sensitivity drops back down. Considering how often he missed skulks tracking with his LMG, this tracking movement seems illegitimate.At 25:00 it seems he is tracking through the onos at the gorge, possible sprite modification (he used to do this in ns1, for onos digest; he would change the sprite so the red stomach would be transparent and he could see what part of the map the onos was running at). At 26:00 this is probably the most obvious example of toggle when fighting the fades his swap from gorge to the horizontal movement of tracking the fade is so sharp + smooth, it seems extremely unnatural to perform. At 30:40 his jerk from the killed spur to the previous one he was shooting seems unlike any of his usual "natural" movements, as if instantaneous and precise.

So now I'll talk about Rag's video, throughout the whole thing his aiming twitch/sensitivity remains the same, this is why so many people agree that he is just playing the game. The crouch circle strafe around the egg isn't that suspicious considering how slow he is moving and easy this is to replicate. He does jump back to the center of that other egg, could be coincidence I'm not sure, however seeing as his tracking doesn't follow this pattern anywhere else in the video I doubt it is a toggle. It seems as though this would be an odd time with toggling and doesn't really make sense. As for the end with the exo, he wasn't alone. Had a welder perma welding as he was running. Soloing into the hive isn't conclusive either because all their lifeforms were dead he knew it was him a dually pre-nerf (4 shots kill skulk) and had a welder on him. Once inside all he was doing was killing them as they spawned and this is not hard at all, once a skulk does run he misses several bullets. Basically I didn't see anything that would make me think this is anything other than a vendetta between Horny/Scrill/BNLightning and Rag. I agree with the unban, however disagree with your conclusion of 50/50.
You're more than welcome to disagree with me about any points I've made. I posted the key points I feel scrills was suspicious however I urge you watch the entire round to understand his playstyle. Thanks for listening to my rant. ^.^

BNLightning
09-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Whenever I am in a server with you, I hear you talking about "hackers, hackers," how it can't be done, and more on about "hackers, hackers, hackers." We've had no communications until now. You're hiding wall hacks.

... I was a gorge at the time and had a lot of assists. I am not sure if that is what cause the ban. ... I never had any communications with the person until I was banned from Diamond Gamers. ...
This video is an about 20 FPS video of some of my game play. ... I feel as though if I was a hacker, I would have been able to react much quicker than the person next to me. ...
Besides this video and my word as a player, I am not sure exactly how I could prove myself as a non-hacker. ... appalled by the un-referenced acceptance of such a blatantly incorrect lie from a fellow player.
Well, I don't think that you're aimbotting. I think he was using wall hacks & colored textures on players and structures, on the CM server, here at 11:13-11:28, and at 3:16-3:20. But, it's hard to notice this because he is hiding them.

Just change the quality to HD in the player settings and take a look at the times below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XW4-fD6c4&t=11m13s
to 11:28

Here he knows that he can't get caught and he hides his cheats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XW4-fD6c4&t=3m16s
to 3:20

And here is where I think he has colored model textures & wallhacks. Everything he looks at is red. There are no textures on the hive but a bright red (or green?) color.

This clip shows a few mistakes. He doesn't aim for the hive like a normal player would, instead he hesitates when aiming for the hive. And he then aims at the bright thing on the ground because he doesn't see that the textures show that the skulk is already upside down, because he cannot notice that with his model textures being one bright color. Now, he aims at it again, hiding his colored model textures & wallhacks, and goes to axe the egg. I don't think that this shows an aimbot because with that sensitivity, when I'm hot, I can aim at the same place and look away multiple times.

I think that he's using bright colored textures with a wall hack.

I'm looking at the video ... But it looks like that crosshair is landing in the exact same spot after you've already confirmed that it's dead. This part I don't get at all. This movement looks very unnatural.

The Exo firings within the hive at 25:00 also are spot on. It is rare to see this type of movement within an exo. Also an experienced player would not walk into the hive as an exo - not spotcheck, and then hit all targets dead on not missing a beat.

I realize that you say you did miss some shots, however reading various posts where they sell aimbots - it is recommended to turn them off every now and then during gameplay to ensure it's not obvious.
I just think he's wallhacking, and not aimbotting, and from 3:16 - 3:20 is evidence of his colored player and structure models in the wallhack.

... http://www.twitch.tv/beemorriscats/b/460622568

Now when looking for aimbotting trends in players you must look at the players actions throughout the game and see his habits as well as monitor their sensitivity.
In this video as opposed to the one involving Rag, you see on multiple occasions of toggle with an increase in twitch that is extremely difficult.
... I'm not sure.
... It seems as though this would be an odd

... Basically I didn't see anything that would make me think this is anything other than a vendetta between Horny/Scrill/BNLightning and Rag.
... I posted the key points I feel scrills was suspicious however I urge you watch the entire round to understand his playstyle.

Thanks for listening to my rant. ^.^
Again, Rag was using wall hacks on the CM server.

"Confirmed by multiple /r/ns2 community for using toggle aimbot and other exploits..." holds very little merit to evidence of hacking.

You're judging based on your emotions. Zezebox, you really don't know my playstyle. We used to talk about how to aim, and that was a long time ago. Since then, I've changed my sensitivity and aiming style more than 6 times. My aiming style accounts for your accusations. When the video was recorded, I sucked at shooting the skulks and continued adjusting my sensitivity to fit my style throughout the scrim. And you can see me making adjustments to my sensitivity. For example, when I'm about to go through the phase gate after I spawn.
These things are not difficult for me, except for some of the skulk play with this style, and I will explain your points.

I'm not exploiting anything, and I am not cheating.

Here are your accusations and my explanations.

15:35 pistol shoots too fast.
This is lag. Counting by shots and breaks it goes 2-2-4-2, my network introduced some latency at the point of 4-2, my ping went up, and I lagged.

I DIDN'T DO TOO BADLY. These are some nice highlights :-)

At 18:10 his sensitivity jumps drastically and follows the fade very consistantly as well as shoots a when the fade is behind a wall.

As the fade is leaving his sensitivity drops back down.
Yep, I can aim at those fades and predict where and when they're going. Here you can see my first sensitivity stage.

Considering how often he missed skulks tracking with his LMG, this tracking movement seems illegitimate.At 25:00 it seems he is tracking through the onos at the gorge, possible sprite modification (he used to do this in ns1, for onos digest; he would change the sprite so the red stomach would be transparent and he could see what part of the map the onos was running at).
I was aiming for the gorge before the onos. I wanted to do as much damage as I could to the gorge, so I aimed at where it might be in case the onos legs didn't block the shot.

At 26:00 this is probably the most obvious example of toggle when fighting the fades his swap from gorge to the horizontal movement of tracking the fade is so sharp + smooth, it seems extremely unnatural to perform.
I went for the gorge and noticed 1 fade, tried to catch that one and went for the second fade instead. I thought the shots should have hit, and retreated/gave up. YOU CAN SEE MY SECOND SENSITIVITY STAGE HERE.

At 30:40 his jerk from the killed spur to the previous one he was shooting seems unlike any of his usual "natural" movements, as if instantaneous and precise.
This is my third sensitivity stage. I heard the fade coming at me after I've emptied some bullets, and I'm snapping as fast and close to the veils that I can to get them before the fade takes me out.

As for the player Decoy, I blocked her originally on Steam because she offered to get me try-outs to some Div 1 teams, then she did nothing, and later, when I asked her about the try-outs again she laughed at me and just ignored me.
I am at fault for banning her from the reddit mumble during her scrim, and I am sorry. During that scrim, on mumble, she said that she was going to ban me, with no reasons given, and I'm guessing it was for being in her channel and listening while spectating her game, but there was already another player in the mumble and in the server for the same reasons, to spectate and hear what's going on.
She was acting on her emotions and had beef with me blocking her. For my record, the game was almost over with a win for her team anyway when I banned her from the mumble.

zimph
11-15-2013, 03:42 AM
I got banned for recycling IP's when there was a stalemate and nobody was in the chair.

Rusty
11-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Zimph: I got banned a couple days ago
Zimph: or votekicked or w/e
Zimph: I was wondering how long that lasted?
Zimph: if you're wondering for what, I recycled IP's when I joined and there was a stalemate last stand
Zimph: and nobody was in the chair
Zimph: so I deserved it
Zimph: I was just wondering how long it lasted

Ban is now removed.

`x`
12-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I was banned after a conversation went poorly with Rusty. Rusty has a copy of the conversation but I could post it myself upon request. Previously I had been kicked from the server, but that was not the cause for ban. A friend I play with often really enjoys the DMD community so I am making the request to become unbanned so we are able to play on the server and she doesn't feel bad if she plays here. I have no issues at all with anyone from DMD and that is obvious by my posting here that I would like to resolve all issues. In the future, I can avoid this ban by not speaking to some individuals, avoiding the possibility of confrontation or offense.

If my IP is needed. It should be attainable from this post via being a moderator.

ThugginLuv
12-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Didn't things go from bad to worse when you started to troll the forum?

h3adak3
12-21-2013, 02:15 PM
sounds like you just need to control your temper home slice, ill back this one.

`x`
12-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Didn't things go from bad to worse when you started to troll the forum?

sounds like you just need to control your temper home slice, ill back this one.

Why am I being accused of things I had nothing to do with? I don't even know about the subject you are bringing up. Everything in my instance was brought up in my post. At this point you are accusing me of things I have nothing to do with and without any proof on top of that.

There is also circumstantial evidence to suggest I had nothing to do with these other matters, such as my IP. My IP should be visible to forum moderators. At the same time, I don't intend to post something quasi-private (such as my IP) in a public place. I can't put it any more clearly than that.

Lust
12-22-2013, 02:00 AM
IP's can be changed. Not many people have a non changing (static) IP.

IP's pretty much mean nothing as far as evidence goes unless the same person has it twice. :P

(Just sayin!)

`x`
12-22-2013, 07:28 AM
IP's can be changed. Not many people have a non changing (static) IP.

IP's pretty much mean nothing as far as evidence goes unless the same person has it twice. :P

(Just sayin!)

That's why I said circumstantial evidence and not evidence. It does mean nothing as far as evidence as you said but is circumstantial evidence. If you were to get into details on the different ways that IP's could be altered, then the conversation would become convoluted. At the same time, there is nothing flat out linking me to the occurrences that some seem to already be blaming me for. With as much information is known, under the same logic that is being used to blame me, anyone can be blamed for the occurrences. I'd like for this to be the last post I defend myself due to a blaming that hasn't merit.

So far without proof, I am already being painted as the bad guy. This post in itself may seem to upset people over how I defend myself but I'd prefer we stay on track and get back to why I posted here in the first place; the server ban that I'm hoping to have removed.

eragonlink
02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Well hello.

I got kicked from the game at the beginning and I don't know why... I was the first marine in the game (strong computer = fast loading) on the map Docking and i got kicked when I was walking in the map... I didn't really understand why I got kick and if I broke some rules of something I'm really sorry... I actually don't understand the video about t (English is not my native language). Can you tell me why please?

Oh and my name in the game is: DarkZenith

Vengaboy
02-21-2014, 10:06 AM
@eragonlink

If you are talking about last night, it was probably due to our Captains Night which takes place every Monday and Thursday. We typically alert everyone in the server 15min prior that this is happening and there will only be 16 slots available. They fill up quickly and my guess is you joined right after the slots got filled after which we empty the server (ask nicely to leave or be kicked) and let the 16 players rejoin using the password they received with their slot reservation. Sorry you were kicked without notice but it was probably bad timing. Thanks for joining the forum to post this and if you want to be included in upcoming Captain Nights, check the calender here or join our Steam group for announcements.

coolestjuicy
03-28-2015, 03:09 AM
I got kicked from the server ~10 minutes ago and each time I attempted to reconnect, so I assume it's a ban. As for reason, I wasn't told in chat or voice. DMD Rusty was in spectator so I imagine it was he who applied it.

According to the "Rule Video", I did not do anything wrong. I hadn't said a word, had the most kills and did what I was told by the commander (only saying this to show I was helpful to the team). Thanks :)

Rusty
03-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Hi Coolest,

You were flagged by our system for a H3lios aimbot. It detects when a user hits the same area within a hitbox using x, y, z coordinates. You have 2 hours in game with an accuracy of 40+% as marines.
This is an unheard of accuracy rate - especially from someone as new as you. This is not normal.
You know the NS2 game mechanics quite well, so if this is a smurf account ( which I'm guessing ) please message me in steam to discuss.
Would you mind also removing your privacy settings from your steam account so I can do more verification.

Thanks.

coolestjuicy
03-28-2015, 06:09 PM
I am more than willing to livestream my gameplay if that would help.

coolestjuicy
03-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Will streaming be sufficient? Sorry for being persistent, I would like to play again in your server is all.

I also looked up "H3lios aimbot" and I assume you're speaking of the commercial hack distributor whose main coder is a German named "Helios", further googling indicates that they have never supported NS2 because the monetary return would not be worth developing the hack for a brand new engine.

Rusty
03-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Hi Juicy,

There are a few hacks out there, I won't point people to them, but they do exist. You can view a few recordings on Youtube if you hunt around enough.
Again I ask for you to remove your privacy from your steam profile so I can look into it. Is this a smurf account?

turtsmcgurts
07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
me again

banned just a couple minutes ago on the classic server for what I assume was a misunderstanding ("trolling"). seeing as how the first thing I did after joining was go gorge and drop two RTs, I don't believe it has to do with my gameplay.

I made three chat messages, none of which I could possibly construe as trolling in my head. note I only believe the ban was for this reason because that was what people were complaining about "zezebox" for.

the chat messages from my client log (http://pastebin.com/WcZFnEqm):
Chat All - turtsmcgurts: gorge cant bhop in this it looks like :( (i have the most hours as alien on gorge, anybody who plays with me can attest to this, so of course I was saddened about bunnyhop not being ported over from NS1)
Chat All - zezebox: so this is ns1
Chat All - turtsmcgurts: minus the movement mechanics it seems (again, just commenting on what I said earlier. edit; plural because I do not believe marine circle jump or wall strafe are in NS2c either)
Chat All - zezebox: i dont understand you are playing with an engine that isnt spark engiine to play this game
Chat All - zezebox: if you wana play ns1 go play ns1
Chat All - turtsmcgurts: you mean source engine? (his sentence confused me, so I attempted to correct him (but I was wrong anyway, it was gold source)

banned maybe a minute or two after that.

Rusty
07-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Turts, turts, aadic68, black*, turtsmcgurts.
So much googling, so much information, so many bans.. Why does everyone ban you? some say trolling, others are hacking /exploiting / ram injections and a few for disrespecting admins.
You are all over forums on your old and current steamid's You are plastered on cheating forums, scripting forums, etc. Your profile is hidden, and you never made it public upon my request.
I'm not certain that this is all because you are hacking and just really good at hiding it. But man - you need to stop getting banned.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709568&page=69

Luckily for you, this ban wasn't for hacking. It was for trolling. I know you probably don't care, but I spend a lot of cash, and time on NS2 - and the NS2 Classic server is costly in both areas.
---
You were banned because It looked to me at the time that you and zezebox both entered the server at relatively the same time and were feeding each other. I even had three people ask you both? to leave because people didn't want to hear it. What you put in your pastebin was more chatter from zezebox about the "NS1 server" - and it was apparently obvious at the time that he would rather disrespect 1000's of hard worked hours than just enjoy the experience. You just happened to chime in - which caught my attention.

Your Steam account - STEAM_0:0:16568932 has been banned from sourcebans many times. for everything from inappropriate language, to disrespecting admins to hacking/cheating.
That being said - this isn't about hacking. But respect.

After reviewing the actual raw log files, I realize your comments may have been bleeding into zezebox's trolling. I can see your argument you posted above as legitimate. As such your ban has been lifted. Please note that I am doing this in good faith to you, but please be respectful when on our servers. There have been no further flags on DMD servers - from your Juicy or the turts account.
So Turts. you are once again welcome back - to play with your friends.

Also as a side note you can bhop. You just need to go to your general options and enable Advanced Movements ( turns on NS1 movements )
Just remember turts - have some respect for sysops. This isn't TF2 where servers are a dime a dozen. This is a game in which is very costly for us server admins to run. I don't make a profit, and by taking all the time to deal with issues that come up - means less time I have to create new content. The next time someone is negative in the server, I'm hoping the logs will show some genuine positive remarks from you to assist with the negativity that comes up. You can also get VIP which would help me to see that you are genuinely interested in supporting the community.

Zezebox has received a 14 day ban.

~Rusty

turtsmcgurts
07-06-2015, 02:52 PM
I appreciate you lifting my ban, thank you.

I would like to address my various bans in TF2 since this is the second time i've seen you bring it up. I played TF2 competitively at a high level, I was pretty damn good at it. TF2 has a sniper class which, unlike NS2, can one-shot any class at any range with a headshot. You can see how a good player oneshotting people over and over putting them into a ~15 second spawn queue might annoy them. Again, I would have considered myself a top x sniper in my prime, so whenever I would join a public server and decide to play that class, unless the server knew me it wasn't uncommon for them to believe I was hacking. I don't mean this in a mocking tone, but you were wrong about me hacking on your server and I was unbanned. If this was TF2 I may have not been so invested in clearing my name with a specific server because, as you just said, This isn't TF2 where servers are a dime a dozen., I probably would have just went to a different place. This isn't realistic in NS2. Some friends of mine play in your server, and it's one of the few that runs fairly normal player counts and custom maps which I enjoy, so of course I went the extra mile to be able to come back.

Yes, I was banned for other reasons and I was especially obnoxious in some of the unban requests. I was 13 years old in 2008, which is where I see most of my bans (08 09 according to google), i'm not saying I shouldn't have been held responsible for being a dick, but I was 13 and exceptionally good at something... saying I had a huge ego would be a understatement.

Also as a side note you can bhop. You just need to go to your general options and enable Advanced Movements ( turns on NS1 movements )
Good to know, i'll make sure to turn it on.

I'm not positive what that link is supposed to show, based on your context that i'm posting some sort of hack or script? Yes, those are scripts, but that is using the official source engine scripting language that is supported in any source engine game, all you do is put it in your player config.

You were banned because It looked to me at the time that you and zezebox both entered the server at relatively the same time and were feeding each other.
Ah, I see how this may have been interpreted. Rest assured I do not have him on friends list, just poor timing on my part.

NovoRei
10-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Hello,

Got votekicked/banned 2 times for no justifiable reason. The voter was always HALAL SNACKBAR (he actually always tries to kick me whenever he's present). Attached is a recording of the first time.

https://youtu.be/QKgEhUQhTUI

Thanks,
NovoRei.

Sample Text!
12-20-2015, 12:40 AM
I got kicked from the server for being AFK from about end of the game to start, so a good 5-6 minutes. I'm assuming this counts as a ban since I'm not able to join when the server isn't full. Revoke please? :D When I came back to the game I accidentally voted yes too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rusty
12-21-2015, 11:16 PM
kicks are about 15 mins or 30 min bans. It's vanilla

Sam
01-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Hi I have been banned for some reason. Not sure why.

Sam
01-10-2016, 09:07 AM
assigned steam profile now

NovoRei
03-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Got kicked by Lord Teabaggins or Bohica.

Probable cause was team switching. It was unreasonable because we had a comm which was trolling, quote "Im experimenting". Nobody tried to eject him besides me and a spot was open in the other team due to spawn lock.

Some players were pissed and started a vote kick which failed. Then, the power abuse came and I got kicked.

I expect more of the server admins that support Rusty

Boeh
03-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Not sure why but I got banned i think for being AFK for less than 8min in the lobby. I don't remember breaking any rules of the servers. If possible can i get unbanned ?

BOHICA
04-08-2016, 03:13 AM
Got kicked by Lord Teabaggins or Bohica.

Probable cause was team switching. It was unreasonable because we had a comm which was trolling, quote "Im experimenting". Nobody tried to eject him besides me and a spot was open in the other team due to spawn lock.

Some players were pissed and started a vote kick which failed. Then, the power abuse came and I got kicked.

I expect more of the server admins that support Rusty

I would only kick you if you're intentionally ruining the game for everyone by clouding the mic and harassing others, or if Rusty informs me of someone I should kick on sight (Which you are not). The worst I'll do is ban you from the CC for 5 days if you're new to being a commander, who has not even tried the tutorial, AND is ejected by the rest of the players. You and I have played a number of times. I don't recall ever having a problem with you.

Mr. President TRUMP
08-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Tried to log on today and I'm banned by Rusty for "racist". I have no idea when I got the ban or what "racist" act I've committed.

Rusty
09-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Tried to log on today and I'm banned by Rusty for "racist". I have no idea when I got the ban or what "racist" act I've committed.
I cannot recall what you said, but I don't ban randomely. I have zero tolerance for racism, harrassment etc. If I banned you for making a racist comment, it was justified. there was a warning sent by me through the logs, but as you were banned, that warning may have been missed, or was ignored. This is why you got the ban.
However, in saying that, I'd like to give you another shot. You are currently unbanned.
Please ensure that you are mindful while on the servers as most people play to get away from real life stress.

Thanks.
~Rusty

SUPER MALE VITALITY
12-21-2016, 05:29 PM
I got banned today from the DiamondGamers.net (West2) server by Cpjet for "having VAC bans" on my Steam account because "once a cheater, always a cheater." I did particularly well and got top score that round on the marines side and he was on the aliens side, so I'm assuming he was upset about the game and accused me of cheating because of it.

I've spent hundreds of hours on your servers in NS2 and have never cheated in Natural Selection 2; the bans on my steam profile are almost 1000 days old and are not from NS2... let me add that no one but him even accused me of cheating, and I did absolutely nothing that could lead a good player to accuse me of cheating.

steamID
STEAM_0:0:51579357
steamID3
[U:1:103158714]
steamID64

Cpjet
12-24-2016, 02:07 AM
I got banned today from the DiamondGamers.net (West2) server by Cpjet for "having VAC bans" on my Steam account because "once a cheater, always a cheater." I did particularly well and got top score that round on the marines side and he was on the aliens side, so I'm assuming he was upset about the game and accused me of cheating because of it.

I've spent hundreds of hours on your servers in NS2 and have never cheated in Natural Selection 2; the bans on my steam profile are almost 1000 days old and are not from NS2... let me add that no one but him even accused me of cheating, and I did absolutely nothing that could lead a good player to accuse me of cheating.

steamID
STEAM_0:0:51579357
steamID3
[U:1:103158714]
steamID64

First of all thank you for posting in the forums!. I would like to clarify that I did not ban you I only kicked you. I kicked you after several of the other players were complaining about you shooting them around corners and through walls, etc., also I commented about how I was surprised how you hadn't been banned yet because I had seen other admins kick you before on suspicions of hacking. Before I spoke to you and consequently kicked you I spectated you and watched you play for several minutes, I also checked out your Steam profile and saw you have multiple VAC bans for hacking and cheating. DMD has the pleasure of having some of the NS2 communities best players in the world play on our servers so it is not uncommon to see someone go 40 kills and 7 deaths. What is uncommon however is when you spectate someone first person and they are watching other players through walls and their aiming movements are extremely jerky with no precision tactics like you would see with the top players who frequent the DMD servers. I try my best to give players the benefit of the doubt which is why when player get shot through walls after the round is up myself and another player test the issue at hand and if it is replicatable we report it to the proper people. If you are willing to put away the cheating tools I have no issues with you as I am sure the other users wouldn't either. I always enjoy playing with good players!

-Cpjet
NS2 Server Admin

godric
12-25-2016, 09:33 PM
Hi, i was playing earlier today and was banned. reason given was esp. I was only 7 kills and 7 deaths when i was banned.
i would like to appeal this ban, the only evidence i can think to provide in my favor is to try show my gamer history.
I am 31 years old, have had only 1 steam account for my hole life, its over 10 years old. https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197987378653/?cc=us < link to steam account stats.
I have never been banned from server before, let alone a game.

other than that i guess you can see from my hours in fps games that if i was cheating i would imagine that i would do better than a 1:1 kd ratio.

out of my 7 kills the only 1 i can think of that would have looked suss is when i pre aimed a skulk on the roof above me who was stilling on a light and casting a shadow on the wall across the hall.
other than that i look at people through walls when they are in observatory range, or have been marked by a skulk.
idk what else to say.

Your server is the one that provides me the best ping and would be pretty upset to get my first server ban in my life. I feel that i have been unfairly banned.

i tried to rejoin the server after a bit and it let me join. But i left on my own accord out of respect for the process. I wish for my name to be cleared.
please let me know if there is any other way i can provide evidence to prove my innocence?
Cheers and merry xmas.

HALAL SNACKBAR
10-05-2017, 02:00 PM
If you were banned, you probably did something to violate the rules. Explain why you got the ban, and how you will avoid it in the future. Or hold your ground and appeal it. Either way it's our choice but we are civilized people.

I have no idea why I was banned. I went AFK for 2 minutes, came back and I was banned for like 6 months.

Why did I get banned?

Rusty
10-06-2017, 10:03 PM
You were banned for trolling. Apparently you were intentionally blocking a phase gate. There were a lot of people complaining about it over mic and in chat.
The ban wasn't set for six months, it was set for 5 weeks. If you want to have it lifted, please contact Hank Scorpio or Quantum Walrus. They were on your team at the time.

Quantum Walrus: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mahzik/
Hank Scorpio : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082601770/

Thanks.
---

[14:01:07]Chat from |-DMD-| Hank Scorpio[122336042][Marines]: trolling
[14:01:07]Chat from Coller[97394039][Marines]: trol
[14:01:08]Chat from Quantum_Walrus[46997359][Marines]: troll
[14:01:09]Chat from |-DMD-| Rusty[1594000][Aliens]: ?
[14:01:10]Shine reloaded users from the web.
[14:01:10]Chat from |-DMD-| PSU001[38457356][Marines]: trolling
[14:01:12]Chat from Roger Wilco[3138113][Spectate]: Get him out i'll join up
[14:01:12]Chat from Quantum_Walrus[46997359][Marines]: blocking gate
[14:01:14]|-DMD-| Rusty[1594000][Aliens] began construction of Hydra[1950].
[14:01:16]|-DMD-| Hank Scorpio[122336042][Marines] began construction of PhaseGate[2100].
[14:01:16]|-DMD-| Rusty[1594000][Aliens] began construction of Hydra[32].
[14:01:17]|-DMD-| Rusty[1594000][Aliens] began construction of Hydra[2222].
[14:01:17]ArmsLab[2679] was recycled.
[14:01:18]|-DMD-| Rusty[1594000][Aliens] began construction of Hydra[2634].
[14:01:19]|-DMD-| Rusty[1594000] banned HALAL SNACKBAR[131930] for 4 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours and 20 minutes.

8121wang
01-01-2019, 11:39 PM
hi this is 8121wang i got permanently banned from your server.
i am rookie now because when this game launched i bought this game but my computer system doesn't fit its demands. so i quit to play it for a long time.
so many years later i upgraded my CPU, GPU and many computer system. then i decided to play NS2 once more.

i tried to find good ping server but there weren't that many. i accept the ping(like 150~200) and played on your server and i have showed the players decent play.
but then players start to vote to kick me, because i was doing smurfing or so. i am not cheating, hacking, trolling, AFKing, i am just a innocent player that wants to remind good old days in NS1. i didn't even get a chance to give an explanation!
i want you to know i am innocent, no hacking, no smurfing. i didn't even swear. even if i am a good aim player, that is not a smurfing at all. if you just call good aim player a smurf, then i should play not good aim? that doesn't make sense.

please unban me so i can play more NS2 thank you.

if you want to check my steam account, here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971806670/

Hobbes_
01-28-2020, 06:11 PM
I was banned permanently by Golden a year or two back. He did not give me a reason. Through the grapevine I heard that this had something to do with comments I made on the TA discord server. I'm not sure if that was accurate, and I'm not sure what it was that I said. At any rate, I have no interest in commenting on the server or the admins going forward. I'm just hoping to come back to ns2 after a long break and play some casual games.

Long Pig
02-13-2020, 06:26 PM
Rusty permabanned me back in December and it's his server he can do what he wants. I only will apologize to the good people I have harmed with my abuse and give at least some reason for my actions. I could feel my mood getting worse and worse this winter, I live in a shit hole wasteland with no sun and sub zero temps and I wasn't doing the things I should have done to counteract it. Bad sleep for weeks and weeks plus the season and I lost it for a while there. I record all of my games and when I'm being a bastard I have to watch it later and I hate it. It's weakness plain and simple and I'm never gonna get an audience if every time I lose I turn into Hitler. I've had the best games of my life on diamond servers and really loved being a part of the community for many years. I deserve to be punished I know but forever is too long Rusty. The people want piggy back! Pig has changed! Pig is a new pig! Please Rusty, set me free.